Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sanctification


YHVH calls the prophet to prophesy against one of Lebanon’s major cities -  “Zidon”:  “Son of man, set thy face against Zidon, and prophesy against it, and say, ‘Thus saith YHVH: Behold, I am against thee, O Zidon; and I will be glorified in the midst of thee and they shall know that I am YHVH, when I shall have executed judgments in her, and shall be sanctified in her’” (verses 21-22).  What did YHVH mean by “being sanctified in Zidon”?  How was He going to accomplish this?  “I will send into her pestilence, and blood into her streets; and the wounded shall be judged in the midst of her by the sword upon her on every side; and they shall know that I am YHVH” (verses 21-22). What is most interesting is the effect that these judgments were to have on Zidon’s neighbor, the House of Israel: “And there shall be no more a pricking brier unto the house of Israel, nor any grieving thorn of all that are round about them, that despised them; and they shall know that I am YHVH. Thus saith YHVH Elohim; ‘When I shall have gathered the house of Israel from the people among whom they are scattered, and shall be sanctified in them in the sight of the heathen, then shall they dwell in their land that I have given to my servant Jacob’” (verses 24-25).

In the past few weeks I have been mentioning that Yeshua came to destroy the works of the Devil, and that we are the vessels through whom He chose to execute this work.  What I have been realizing is that while Yeshua is doing this, He is also sanctifying me at the same time.  Since He is my life (ref, Col. 3:4) I am every thing that He is, and anything that is present in me that is not of Him is also not of me, but is of my enemy, the power of sin (or the work of the Devil) (see Rom 7:17, 20).  As I believe His Word, which is Truth, I am made free by this Truth from the law of sin and death.  Therefore, Yeshua’s blood and word cleanse me and separate me from the enemy of my soul, as I cooperate with His Spirit and discern, or learn to exercise my senses to know good and evil (see Heb. 5:14), repenting for my participation and renouncing the demonic spirits that were influencing and tormenting me.  In other words, there are no more pricking brier, grieving thorn or tormenting spirits to harass me as a new creation-being in Messiah.  The mere fact that YHVH is executing judgments upon my enemies enables me to be sanctified wholly - spirit, soul and body (ref. 1 Thes. 5:23).  

I had never seen this truth before, but now it is a daily experience.  Our enemies surround us, just like they do the nation of Israel.  Once those surrounding enemies are dealt with, there is peace (just as Ezekiel points out in chapter 28).  We, who have been redeemed and were “born again”, have the Father’s life living in us (through Yeshua).  This is what faith tells us about ourselves: “I am who He is because I am born of Him”. “Whosoever is born of Elohim does not commit sin; for his seed remains in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God” (1 John 3:9).

Hence, when the enemy is removed I am able to express this new nature of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control and humility, naturally.  It is not a work that I have to perform. We should not have to work at being what we already are by nature.  The work that we do is that which Yeshua came to do, that is to destroy everything that is not of His Father’s life and nature, by casting it down under His feet.  “For He must reign, till He has put all enemies under His feet.  The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death; for He has put all things under His feet. But when He says all things are put under Him, it is manifest that He is excepted, which did put all things under Him” (1Cor. 15:25-27). “Thou hast put all things in subjection under His feet. For in that He put all in subjection under Him, he left nothing that is not put under Him. But now we see not yet all things put under Him” (Heb. 2:8).

After YHVH delivered King David from his enemies, David said the following: “Thou hast also given me the shield of Thy salvation: and Thy gentleness has made me great. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.  I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.  And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that they could not arise: yea, they are fallen under my feet” (2Sam 22:36-39).  We have the privilege of doing the very same thing, with the weapons that are mighty in the Holy One, to the pulling down of strongholds: “For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through Elohim to the pulling down of strong holds” (2Cor. 10:4).

David describes YHVH as having “darkness under His feet” (Ps. 18:9; 2 Sam 22:10). Could this be why we are exhorted to subject and cast down every thing that exalts itself above the knowledge of Elohim?  It is an unequivocal “yes”. We are to bring these principalities and powers of darkness down, in His name and through the power of the Holy One, and put them under our feet.  His feet are our feet, as we are His body on earth.  And when these demonic powers are no longer in the high places of our spirit and mind, we will be sanctified wholly - spirit, soul and body.  “And when all things shall be subdued unto Him, then shall the Son also Himself be subject unto Him that put all things under Him, that YHVH may be all in all” (1Cor. 15:28).  Halleluya!!!

Ephraim

No comments: