Sunday, February 06, 2011

OPEN VISION

October 16, 2009

An extraordinary experience that a friend of mine went through during Succot is the subject of this letter. Some of you might know or know of Hanoch Young. Hanoch is an orthodox Jew, with a Yah-given passion for this present move of the Spirit of restoring the "lost tribes of Israel" to their identity. Recently, shortly after making Aliya (immigration to Israel), Hanoch participated in a Succot tour of the Shomron (Samaria). If the experience that he had written about would have been relayed by someone from a different background, I may have brushed it off. But coming as it does, so uncharacteristically, from an orthodox Jew I do feel that it is credible and worthy of consideration.

Hanoch had this "experience" on Mt. Gerizim, about which he wrote: "Har Bracha, the Mountain of Blessing, [is] about 2,800 feet (850 meters) up, overlooking Shechem, [the place] where the blessings… of the Torah were heard..... I walked towards the edge of the mountain (not TOO Close), and stood there, praying for Ephraim, for what I thought was 30-45 seconds, or so......until my daughter Kyra came to gently inform me that I had been swaying back and forth with my arms wide, for over 10 minutes, and people were 'worried' about me! What I experienced, was the very first, and only, 'vision' I have had in my entire life. I had looked out from Har Bracha, and saw the empty hilltops and the Holy city of Shechem....but what I "saw" was a city of Ephramites and Jews...there were the distinctive red tiled roofs. I "saw" Ephramite housing, farms, industry and roads, connecting all of those areas. I saw the sides of the mountains, 'terraced' for farms, and I saw Ephramites bringing the Land back to HaShem......No, I didn't 'imagine' it in my minds, 'eye' - I actually SAW it, as bizarre as that sounds.....seeing cars move, hearing the sounds of construction, seeing school buildings.....I was beyond 'freaked out' and really didn't speak much for the rest of the afternoon, evening - I was so overwhelmed at what I had been privileged to glimpse - the future.....I CANNOT express the feelings of joy and elation I felt, although, I also can't express the 'heavy' and overwhelming feelings that it was ME, who had to somehow, someway help make this happen. Not in the long term, but NOW.......not that I was going to do it, but I had to someway 'get the ball rolling." (end of quote).

I spoke to Hanoch about the vision and he filled me in on a few more details. I could almost envision it myself. We have been in those areas many times, and the feeling that one gets there is of "something awesome in the making". Back in the early eighties, we used to drive into those areas and read Ezekiel 36 to the mountains, hills, ravines and valleys. I truly believe that we could be on the threshold of the fulfillment of those scriptures. But first YHVH must bring the beginning verses of that chapter (Ezekiel 36) to pass. That means that YHVH is going to have to deal with our brother Esau (Ezekiel 35) and friends (Psalm 83).

All this calls to mind words penned by the prophet Habakkuk: "For the vision is yet for the appointed time; It hastens toward the goal, and it will not fail. Though it tarries, wait for it; for it will certainly come, it will not delay" (Habakkuk 2:3).
Ephraim

No comments: