Friday, March 17, 2006

HAMAN AND SONS

This past week we celebrated Purim and read the story of Esther. But this year was different from others in that it seemed that the Spirit of Holiness was not messing around anymore, but wanted us to “get our act together”; that is “to hang” our Haman on Yeshua’s gallows and finish with these spirits once and for all. In light of this, I was asking what my Haman was and the Ruach came back rather quickly and suddenly with one word: “disobedience”. That led to a number of other insights that I would like to share with you.

Since Haman had ten sons, they too were to be incorporated into the “deal”. And if disobedience is the father, who are the sons? Since YHVH’s Spirit is working sanctification and purification in my spirit and soul, I knew it was no problem for Him to reveal areas that I needed to repent of. But beyond repentance, I needed to learn to be obedient and practice the repentant heart, so that His righteousness may be established in my innermost being. No sooner did the Spirit whisper that answer to my question, than the Father began to create my daily circumstances in order to bring to light my programmed patterns of behavior that would reveal Haman and sons. A scriptural directive that He brought to my remembrance was: “be faithful/obedient in the little things”. In other words, YHVH wants to guide us even in what would appear to be insignificant matters. Sometimes we pray and pray to seek His will in major decisions, while not listening to His directives in the small daily matters, especially those that “tap” into some of our heart’s conditions.

One of the many situations I had to face this past week was a money matter. I was concerned, or fearful, that our expenditures might put us into debt and therefore decided to run to the bank. One of Haman’s sons, called “fear”, was governing this state of affairs, even though at that point it was at the level of “mere” concern. In addition to taking care of the finances, I also needed to attend to other matters. In order to make the best use of my time I devised a strategy that would, so I thought, help me accomplish my tasks efficiently.

Driving through town, confident of my ideas and well-organized plans, I was suddenly “interrupted” by a still small thought: “pull in here and park”. There it was, near my bank, a free parking area but one that is usually full. So, taking a quick glance at it I assumed that there would be no room, and continued on my way to another appointment. That small act of assumption leading to disobedience, in that split moment, opened the door to another of Haman’s sons, “confusion”. From then on all my decisions were going to cost me time and energy, and additionally, "concern", that was there at the outset, mushroomed into "fear" that I wouldn’t make it in time back to the bank. I eventually parked in a paid parking lot and even though I had a parking pass, "confusion" blocked my mind and I failed to display it. I then proceeded to go to the office where I had to take care of some business. After about half an hour I remembered that I hadn’t put the ticket in the window. However “fear” and “doubt” spoke to me that if I were to leave my spot someone else would take my turn. Eventually I took a chance and run out, only to find a ticket with a fine attached to my window. Fortunately when I returned from the parking lot, the person ahead of me had not come out yet. Finally it was my turn, but to my dismay I did not have one of the forms that were required for finishing the process, even though I had enquired several weeks beforehand as to the needed paperwork. “Frustration” and “anger” were now holding hands and doing their dance, to be followed by “bitterness” and “criticism” which joined in the celebration. But if that were not enough, “self condemnation” and “unforgiveness” had to have their expression as well. I was not doing well in “casting down all thoughts and imaginations that were exalting themselves above the knowledge” of His Holy presence in me. Haman’s sons were partying inside my mind tossing junk all over the place, although on the outside I appeared to be “holding my cool”.

In last week’s article mention was made of separating the holy from the profane. Haman and his sons are profane entities that can work in our hearts and minds if we succumb to their desires to manifest their nature in and through us. Like Haman, these spiritual culprits are out to steal, kill and destroy our peace, joy and righteousness. The Ruach Hakodesh, on the other hand, has already restored us to the garden of YHVH’s delight ("Eden") and is enabling us to reach up and partake of the Tree of Life (Yeshua) who is always full of the fruit of the Spirit. Once we partake of that fruit we also become “trees of righteousness the planting of YHVH, so that He may be glorified” in us (ref. Isa 61:3).

Yeshua showed us what the profane/disobedient heart looks like. It is the heart that has the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil: "What comes out of a man, that defiles a man. For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders, thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lewdness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness. All these evil things come from within and defile a man" (Mark 7:20-23). But the fruit of the Tree of Life is “love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law,” (Gal 5: 22-23).

YHVH is gathering the “trees of righteousness” to build a temple in the land, but it will take obedience of faith to become a part of this latter day restoration.

"Even those from afar shall come and build in the temple of YHVH. Then you shall know that YHVH of hosts has sent Me to you. And this shall come to pass if you diligently obey the voice of YHVH your Elohim” (Zech 6:15). “Do you not know that you are the temple of Elohim and that the Spirit of Elohim dwells in you? If anyone defiles the temple of Elohim, Elohim will destroy him. For the temple of Elohim is holy, which temple you are” (Cor. 3:16-17). “Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Spirit of Holiness who is in you, whom you have from Elohim, and you are not your own?” (1 Cor 6:19).


Ephraim

No comments: